Thursday, June 2, 2011

The First Post

I have a goal, and it's to be healthier.

I have made this goal over and over throughout my life, and I'm never able to stick with it.

Well, I'm done. I'm done making this goal over and over, so this is going to be the last time.


Here's the biggest problem I face: I KNOW how I should be eating. I know how I should be exercising. I know these things. I have read over and over again the best way to eat. But why is it that I know these things, yet I find I can not implement them? Because I am a serious emotional eater.

So, I"ll be focusing on three things:
-Food journals
-Exercise journals
-Discussing my feelings about eating

A lot of this will probably be boring. And that's ok. This is more a way for me to be honest with myself than anything else.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were keeping this blog, Amanda. I've thought about keeping a similar one myself--just to get it out there and maybe even being upfront about numbers. I'm not a great example of someone who always makes the healthiest choices but I feel like I'm getting a little better. Lately I've been so much more passionate about the food we eat--how healthy it is, where it came from, and what it's going to do to my/our bodies. I found that I was thinking of food in terms of losing weight rather than health. Once I started thinking of each food as either fuel or filler, it made a big difference in my diet. Right now I'm on a big quinoa kick and maybe that's silly but I find myself making much healthier meals and eating fruit instead of pastries (well...except for those lemon bars I made today for my visiting teachees. You've just gotta test them, you know?) In any case, I think it's great that you're blogging about it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just found this by accident. I love it! I know what you mean about KNOWING what to do, and not actually DOING it! Have you heard of sparkpeople.com? I LOVE it! It's free and it helps you log your food and exercise. You should check it out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete