Monday, August 5, 2013

Busy Summer

But I'm still hanging on.  I spent 5 1/2 weeks in Alaska, 2 weeks in Phoenix, 3 1/2 weeks in Missouri, and I've been home for almost 3 weeks.  It's been interesting.  I haven't gained back any weight, but I have gotten lax in my habits.  The nice thing about vacations is that I don't tend to gain any weight, and indeed I weigh less now than I did when I left for Alaska.  The problem with that is that I need solid habits when I'm home and by myself, and those habits have fallen by the wayside since all my trips.  I've had a couple of "failed attempts" at getting back into writing everything down that I eat in order to be back into that habit.  I attempted to do a low-carb week last week that totally failed on me, so I decided to just focus on being accountable and writing everything down.  It's so hard to be honest with myself.

I exercised off and on while on vacation.  In Alaska I went for walks and spent a week at the gym in there.  Back home I did a couple of Jillian Michael work outs inconsistently, and then when I stayed in Missouri I didn't do anything for the first week and a half.  But THEN my awesome sister in law Audra came, and she teaches a zumba class, so we did zumba every morning as a group! It was SO fun, I had such a great time.  I wish I could do zumba with Audra everyday.  :)

Since being home, I've had a hard time getting going with the exercise again, but I think I'm in a groove.  The great thing that's happened since I was on vacation is that Lucy now sleeps through the night!  That means that I'm not so sleep deprived and I can now wake up early to do my workouts BEFORE the kids wake up, leaving me feeling better throughout the day.  I wake up at about 6:30 and I do 1 Jillian Michael workout (either from 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30) and 20 minutes on the treadmill.  And today instead of snacking all afternoon during nap time, I got on the treadmill and walked for an hour.  Rocking it!

The big thing I'm working towards is a cruise to Mexico we booked.  End of February.  I would like to not hate myself as I get into a swimsuit.  I want to be able to do the really fun, active excursions.  I'm so excited to have some time for just Jordan and I (we haven't been away from the kids since Clara was born) for a whole week!  I'm feeling really motivated by it, and I have some serious goals I'm working towards.

Over the next few months, after I wean Lucy, I'm thinking about doing either Insanity or P90X.  Anyone have any recommendations?

1 comment:

  1. Yay sleeping through the night! I can't wait for those days haha Great job choosing to use their nap for working out! I wish I had the energy to do that at least once a week. :) But alas, Zoey is teething right now, so we're not sleeping well.
    A cruise sounds so amazing! And is definitely good incentive to get fit!

    ReplyDelete