Friday, April 26, 2013

And back on the wagon

You guys, I'm feeling good.  I'm feeling good because I can see behavior's in my life that previously derailed me that I am overcoming.  I'm feeling good because I have good friends who are helping me through this and being very supportive.  I'm feeling good because I feel like I can finally see my life piece together here in Phoenix.  It's not perfect, not yet, but I can see friendships developing and that in the long run, I can make Phoenix my home.

I wrote earlier that last week was really difficult and that I had fallen into some bad habits.  But I decided to take recovery seriously, and really focus on writing everything I ate down this week.  I even did it with a friend, where I put some money in an envelope  and if I slipped up, I'd have to give her that money.  When I felt like I was struggling, I'd send her a text and she'd talk to me. And you guys, it worked!  I have been on top of things!  And that four pounds that I "put on" last week?   Yeah, gone.  Woot!

I feel like this is one of those defining moments, that when I look back and see that I even though I messed up, I was able to get back up, I'll realize this was what made all the difference.  It's not about being perfect, it's about being committed.

Or maybe I just feel great because my house is clean.  That also might be it. ;^)

No comments:

Post a Comment