Friday, January 4, 2013

Feeling discouraged

Yesterday, I did great!  I followed my points, I didn't eat after 7pm, and most importantly there were no brownies!  Yay!  But I didn't notice a difference at all on the scale today.  I'm really trying not to let it get me down, but when you've been trying the last week, and the scale keeps going UP, it's hard not to feel really let down.  There are a lot of reasons the scale could be going up, including:

1. It takes my body a while to figure out what's going on.  Sometimes it takes three weeks of good habits before I see any changes.  It's really annoying, and totally not fair, but that's the reality and I need to face it.

2. I've been doing 30 Day Shred the last 4 days, which includes a lot of strength training, which builds muscle.  I know I"ve been getting stronger, so maybe instead of losing fat, I've been gaining muscle.  Perhaps the fat loss is coming, and for now I need to accept that in the process I'm still building my fitness.

side note to #2: I have often wondered in the past when I'm working out and it's not making a difference if it's because I focused on cardio, and not strength training, and thus my metabolism wasn't getting better.  If I keep up with the 30 day shred, as I gain stregnth, my metablism SHOULD increase, and I should start losing weight.

3. I"m weighing myself too often.  Actually, I'm sure this is a problem.  But here's the deal, when I don't weight myself so often, I get lazy.  Having to answer to the scale everyday is a movtivator for me, at least at this point.  When my healthy choices start becoming more of a habit, I'll start checking my weight weekly and not daily, and those daily fluctuations hopefully won't be such a big deal.

I know I can't expect magic results after one day of being perfect.  This takes consistency and dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment