Sunday, April 14, 2013

Things that are working for me!

In light of not trying to let my writing become too depressed and down in the dumps, here are some things that are working for me right now:

1. Weight Watchers  Man, I love weight watchers.  I can eat anything I want, and know that I"m not "cheating."  I have eaten this most delectable, life changing grilled cheese sandwich 3 times this week, and still managed to lose weight, all because I can keep track of my calories, and no food is off limits. So yeah, weight watchers (and that magnificent grilled cheese) is definitely working for me.

2. Lucy being able to deviate from her schedule Part of what has made the last 6 months so difficult is Lucy is a very schedule oriented baby, who likes her bed and her white noise and her blankie.  She doesn't like her car seat.  Ha.  Anyway, my world has revolved around getting Lucy to sleep for almost 7 months now, but the last few weeks she's been a little bit more flexible, so we've left the house a couple of times, had some play dates, we've even gone shopping.  It helps not being around the house all the time with the delicious food.

3. Eating lunch picnic style in our backyard  This one really surprised me.  I did it on a I'm-trying-to-be-a-fun-spontaneous-mom whim, and it worked so well!  Clara loved the change, Lucy loved getting sun and subsequently napped better in the afternoons (remember how my entire life revolved around her sleep?), it kept everyone happy the last hour before nap time... and honestly, I don't know why this has worked to my advantage to lose weight, but it definitely feels like it has, so I'm putting it on the list.

4. Looking forward to Alaska in 3 weeks  Having something really fun to look forward to really helps my spirits.  And when my spirits are lifted, I eat less.  And I always lose weight when I go to Alaska, so I'm not even stressed about vacation weight.  Woohoo!

5. Fage Raspberry Greek Yogurt I started eating this yogurt every morning for breakfast. I love it.  A lot.  I generally don't like Greek yogurt, but the raspberry fruit mix in that goes with it is SO good.


Overall, things are going well.  I'm pleased with my slow but steady progress the last 3 weeks or so.  It's funny, I had hoped to be 20 pounds less than I am when I went to Alaska, and I"m often still a little sad about it, but I can honestly say to myself that I have tried and I have not "cheated" in 3 1/2 months.  So there's nothing I could do.  I know that things are moving in the right direction.


P.S. Go make the grilled cheese.  Really.  Worth the calories 1000X's over.

1 comment:

  1. I love Fage Greek Yogurt! I seriously don't know why people prefer Chobani to it because it's amazing. I love the honey flavor. And I'm totally going to make that grilled cheese this week. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete