Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I was gone for a bit...

.. but it's not because I fell off the wagon!  Woot!  I stopped writing honestly because life got so busy!  Two kids with two schedules, working in exercise in there and trying to keep the house in some sort of decent shape, and daily writing on the weightloss blog was the first to fall through.

But I have great news!  It took me 2 months and a LOT of work, but I have lost 10 pounds!  Woot!  It's much slower than I hoped, and that's been really demoralizing sometimes.  There was one day when I realized hadn't lost a single pound even though I thought I did everything perfect.  Jordan was there to console me as I cried and cried, but I haven't given up.

I have written down EVERYTHING I have eaten for the last two months.  This has proved to be the most important thing I could have done.  It's given me control of what I'm eating, even when I DO overeat or make mistakes.  If I write it down, I am in control of it.  And because I have written stuff down and I'm in that habit, I can't lie to myself.  It's helped me to set weekly goals for myself.  Really, I'm in control where before I was out of control.

I have worked out at least 5 days a week for the last two months.  I finished the 30 Day Shred, and now I'm working through Ripped in 30.  This has helped me feel SO GOOD!  I also have worked through Couch to 5k, and yesterday I ran for 20 minutes strait without stopping.  Now, it was slow (REAL slow), but I did it.

Losing weight slowly is still really frustrating, but the truth is that it's so so good for me.  I have to develop the habits, the life changes that will last.  I hope it will eventually speed up, but even if it doesn't, I guess that's ok.

1 comment:

  1. That is a big accomplishment! Way to do! I'm feeling like a sucker cuz I can't run 20 mins without stopping.

    ReplyDelete